Call Center Supervisor
- - OAL Patient Services
- PA, USA
- Full Time
Call Center Supervisor
The Call Center Supervisor represents the Patient Services Department by facilitating effective communication within the Call Center and with the entire Patient Services Department, in addition to all OAL staff: other departments, management and providers.
The Call Center Supervisor serves as the day to day as Call Center leader and representative. This individual coordinates and oversees the scheduling of patient appointment, transferring calls to the appropriate location, verifying eligibility and insurance benefit information of all patient scheduling with the practice. That withstanding, this does not preclude any member of the department's team from bringing issues to the attention of the Patient Services Manager and/or Director of Operations, but should start with the Call Center Supervisor whenever possible.
The duties listed here are in addition to the Call Center Supervisor's customary duties in their position at Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs moderate level supervisory work coordinating the operations of a small Call Center team.
- Fields Call Center questions and concerns, bringing any necessary issues to the attention of the Patient Services Manager and Director of Operations
- Runs Call Center phone monitoring system
- Assures computer and phone equipment are properly maintained, secured, and functioning
- Creates and communicates daily add-on schedule, in addition to taking add-on requests
- Completes and maintains schedule for Call Center and ensures adequate coverage is always available, managing overtime, completing and approving all staff time cards in collaboration with Patient Services Manager
- Participates in periodic and annual review process/audits for the department
- Runs weekly and monthly phone reports to present to the Patient Services Manager and Director of Operations
- Assist in over flow phone calls and additional ancillary side jobs
- Attends monthly Supervisor, Coordinator and Department Meetings (Patient Services and Call Center) and report issues as appropriate. Shares information and issues from these meetings with entire department.
- Oversees new employee training
- Ensures all employees have an in-depth knowledge of the jobs assigned to them
- Responsible for aiding in the positive motivation and environment of employees
- Responsible for positive inter-departmental communication
- Seeks input from employees as to how jobs can be improved
- Ensures that any issues that arise that have the potential of affecting the entire department are effectively communicated in a consistent manner to ensure that all team members receive the same information.
- Outstanding positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior leadership skills
- Fosters a culture of teamwork and cooperation within the department and between departments
- Serves as a positive representative of the department who is open to and actively involved in developing organizational process improvements
- Excellent diplomacy skills and the ability to communicate with tact in a non-threatening manner
- Questions appropriately and effectively, specifically the patient care, employee satisfaction and financial implications of various issues
- Uses judgment in deciding when to consult other team members and/or escalating significant issues based on severity.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED certificate or 1+ years within the department
- Good typing skills
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to run fax machine, postage meter, and printers
- Medical background – 1 year (preferred)
- EMR experience – 1 year (preferred)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will perform these duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization in addition to regular required duties.
OAL and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. OAL and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at HR@fixbones.com.