- - NPSC Technical Services
- PA, USA
- Full Time
North Pointe Surgery Center – Lancaster & Lebanon, PA Locations
Surgical Technologist is responsible for assisting the surgical team in providing patient care throughout the operative settings within standards of practice. Must demonstrate ability to handle instrumentation safely while maintaining sterility during OR procedures. Provide assistance with preparing patients, rooms and equipment for pending surgical procedure. Maintain appropriate communication with all team members.
• Functions as a first and/or second assistant during the surgical episode, including incision, excision, repair of pathology, and wound closure throughout the perioperative period.
• Anticipates the needs of the surgeon during the intraoperative phase.
• Sets up and prepares the Operating Room equipment, instruments, and supplies prior to surgical procedure.
• Maintains sterile and aseptic environment by utilizing appropriate standards of practice and infection control techniques.
• Provides competent and ethical care within legal standards of practice by recognizing safety hazards and initiating appropriate preventive and correction actions.
• Must have graduated from an accredited school of Surgical Technology.
• Current CPR certification.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Previous operating room experience.
• Strong time management, computer skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Recent experience related to Orthopedics or Podiatry.
• Previous experience in Ambulatory Surgery.
OAL and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. OAL and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at HR@fixbones.com.