Per Diem Athletic Trainer
- - OAL Athletic Training
- PA, USA
Position: Per Diem Athletic Trainer
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, LTD is seeking per diem athletic trainers for a unique outreach opportunity. The athletic trainers have the potential to work with athletes of all skill levels and ages. Primary assignment would be providing athletic training services to the Spooky Nook Sports Complex, in Manheim, PA. The candidate would also have the potential to work with other local affiliated organizations such as PA Classics
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster, LTD has contracts with 10 local high schools, 3 colleges, 1 professional team, as well as the Spooky Nook Sports Complex. OAL is the official Sports Medicine team for the USA women's field hockey team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide services directed toward achieving increased functional independence, decreasing functional limitations, and prevention of injuries to the physically active individual/athlete.
- Upon the advice and consent of a physician, carry out the practice of prevention, recognition, evaluation, management, disposition, treatment, and/or rehabilitation of injuries.
- Performs evaluations of injuries and follows standing orders for treatment and management of the injury or refers the athletes to a physician
- provide education in the prevention of injuries, conditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries
- Document evaluative findings, treatments administered, the assessment of patient response to treatment and treatment plan.
- Clean and maintain treatment area and work space.
- Provides emergency care within the athletic trainer scope of practice
- Able to work in a wide verity of settings
- Effectively communicates with the athlete, family, physician, and coach regarding the athlete`s injury and his/her ability to return to practice/competition
- Strong communication skills for accurate, concise, and organized verbal and written interactions with patients and co-workers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors from a CAATE accredited university athletic training program.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- BOC certified
- Licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine
- Must hold a current BLS for healthcare providers
- Must have all state required clearances
OAL and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. OAL and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at HR@fixbones.com.