- - NPSC Technical Services
- PA, USA
- Full Time
North Pointe Surgery Center Lancaster & Lebanon Locations
Responsible for inventorying and replenishing supply levels for all perioperative clinical areas within the facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the facility or health care organization
- Inventories and maintains adequate par levels of materials for perioperative services
- Inventories and maintains appropriate levels of perioperative services consignment inventory, including surgical implants
- Monitors, rotates, and removes all outdated and overstocked materials and verifies that perioperative services par levels are adjusted accordingly
- Restocks of all materials used for patient care in the perioperative environment
- Monitors oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen tank levels daily and order replacement tanks as needed
- Takes appropriate actions to provide a high level of service for all customers (eg, physicians, health care industry representatives [HCIRs], perioperative personnel) and to provide prompt responses for emergently needed (STAT) equipment, supplies, and instruments
- Is familiar with preferred vendors contracts i.e. utilization threshold of disposables as it relates to capital equipment and purchase levels to ensure compliance with tier pricing
- Maintains records of purchase order, requisitions, and product literature
- Coordinates loans and returns of perioperative services equipment and other materials
- Communicates pertinent information regarding back-orders and anticipated release dates for perioperative materials
- Communicates to perioperative leadership any identified quality improvement projects relative to perioperative materials management
- Serves as a resource for perioperative personnel in matters such as purchasing procedures, product information, and contract compliance
- Follows facilities policy related to notification and steps associated with product recalls
- Pursues professional growth and participates in a professional organization
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information
- Other duties as assigned and required
Required Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree (Associate's level) with clinical focus on:
- Surgical Technology
- Sterile Processing
- Health Care Supply Chain Management
- Or other applicable Health Care education
- Experience with Computer applications such as Microsoft Office/365 (Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Two years progressive experience in health care or related field with increasing level of administrative responsibility and authority
Preferred Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Sciences, or other related field of study preferred.
- Experience in supply chain management, budget, and finance is preferred.
- Experience using a Facility Management or Inventory Control Software is preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Employee must be available during the "core" work hours in their assigned department (7:00 AM to 6:00 PM). Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must be flexible to travel to all office and surgery locations when required and necessary.
OAL and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. OAL and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is the Law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at HR@fixbones.com.