- - NPSC Business Office
- Lancaster, PA, USA
- Full Time
Job Summary: The Registration Clerk is responsible for completing the registration process for all patients prior to their scheduled procedures, verifying all data in the surgery center's data processing system is complete, accurate and updated as necessary, and performing a variety of other administrative functions.
1. Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization
2. Greets patients promptly as they enter the Center
3. Accurately enters patient information into software system
4. Verifies previously entered information is correct
5. Collects any patient responsibility payments upon registration
6. Provides patient with receipt for payment
7. Posts payment in software system correctly
8. Answers incoming phone calls; triage to the appropriate person
9. Maintains and balances cash bag daily
10. Scans and/or copies insurance cards and patient ID
11. Ensures patient fills out and signs all relevant insurance and Center release forms
12. Closely adheres to Centers rules and regulatory compliance
13. Compiles and submits necessary clinical documentation for anesthesia provider
14. Accurately scans clinical documentation into Centers electronic medical records
15. Monitors and reports on completion of operative reports to ensure chart completeness within 30 days
16. Performs other administrative and clerical functions necessary to support the department
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
Qualifications (Preferred) of the ideal Registration Clerk:
- Prior experience in a medical office setting
- Certification/Diploma from a vocational school or business school
- Ability to utilize online payer specific manuals and medical policies
- Ability to explain differences between, but no limited to, co-insurance; co-payment; deductible
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm and professional
- Basic mathematic skills and payment processing
- Outstanding Customer Service skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Occasional exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
• Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work
• Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
Travel Requirement: This individual will be a float position and will be expected to work in both the Lebanon and Lancaster locations.
Lines of Responsibility: Chain of command for the individual is the Database/CDM Manager, NPSC Administrator and NPSC Executive Committee.
Salary Range: Salary range commensurate with experience, included with primary job responsibilities.
Classification: Status of the job as defined by Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster and North Pointe Surgery Center as a Non-exempt, full-time position.
OAL and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. OAL and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at HR@fixbones.com.