Evening & Weekends Patient Services Representative
- - OAL Patient Services
- PA, USA
- Part Time
Patient Services Representative
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster (OAL) is one of the most respected orthopedic practices in the area, providing trusted care for generations throughout Central Pennsylvania. Our Locations consist of Lancaster, Willow Street, Manheim, and Lebanon, PA. OAL is a progressive practice that prides itself on quality service and patient care.
Schedule: This position will be scheduled evenings and weekends supporting OAL's orthopedic urgent care.
Monday-Friday 3pm-8pm/Every other weekend Saturday- 730am-5pmpm/Sunday- 10am-5pm
This position requires training during normal business hours for 5wks (8am-5pm)
With a customer service focus, the Patient Services Representative will greet, check-in patients, oversee all patient demographic, insurance card scanning, have required paperwork filled out/signed, collection of necessary account balances and procedure visits.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Generating patient care forms and monitoring them for completeness and legibility. Forwarding forms to correct departments / support staff
- Prepare and distribute appropriate paperwork to the patient for signature and completion
- Contact billing for inquiries from the patient
- Monitoring patient wait times. Alerting appropriate staff when wait times are excessive
- Maintain patient waiting area. Maintain coffee levels, magazines, and cleanliness of waiting area
- Stocking stations when required
- Verify demographic and insurance information and update as necessary in EMR
- Verify patient paperwork for completion and scan documents, insurance card(s) and photo identification into EMR
- Verify current information for upcoming appointments.
- Complete daily reminder calls for patient appointments
- Scanning of patient medical documents for Intake, as directed or required
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum one year of customer service is required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Medical background preferred.
- Associate's and/or Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
OAL and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. OAL and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources at HR@fixbones.com.