Certified Hand Therapist
- - OAL Occupational Therapy
- Lancaster, PA, USA
- Full Time
Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster (OAL) is one of the most respected orthopedic practices in the area, providing trusted care for generations throughout central Pennsylvania. With locations in Lancaster, Willow Street, Manheim at the Spooky Nook Sports Complex, and Lebanon, OAL is consistently recognized for employing the latest technology, patient-friendly staff, and most advanced medical procedures.
OAL is seeking a Certified Hand Therapist who is engaging, energetic, self-motivated, team orientated individual with excellent clinical and communication skills to join our growing hand therapy team.
The Hand Therapist is responsible for assessing and treating patients to provide rehabilitation services to persons with mental, physical, emotional, or developmental impairments. Essential Functions include:
- Direct day to day patient care with heavy emphasis on hands and upper extremity diagnoses.
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation of medical records in accordance with company standards.
- Guides COTAs relative to patient care requirements.
- Assists clinic manager utilization review.
- Assists in protocol development/updating.
- Assists in ongoing review to ensure facility cleanliness and equipment safety.
- Takes a lead role in supervision of student interns and shadowing opportunities.
- Assists in outside marketing opportunities as requested by clinic manager or clinical director to include event coverage, health fairs, athletic physicals, etc.
- Helps to provide patient care coverage at other offices on occasion as staffing requirements dictate.
- Represents OAL professionally in all respects with outside referral sources and institutions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program.
- Current PA clinical license as an Occupational Therapist or Certified Hand Therapist
- Valid CPR card.
Preferred Education and Experience of the Ideal Hand Therapist:
- Doctorate degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program.
- 1-2 years of experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist or Certified Hand Therapist.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: The Hand Therapists may be required to work flexible schedules and participate in Saturday rotation.
Travel: The Hand Therapists may have potential travel between office locations and may travel to events and conferences.